- B.S., Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1999
- M.D., University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2007
- Ph.D., University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2005
- Residency: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO 2011
Licensure and Board Certification
- Diplomat, American Board of Emergency Medicine
Honors and Awards
- National MD/PhD Student Conference Travel Award, Aspen, Colorado., 2000
- MD/PhD Student Scholar Award, 2000
- Awarded Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award., 2003
- Best Poster Award – University of Cincinnati Graduate Research Forum, 2004
- Awarded Albert J. Ryan Fellowship. (Highest honor given to graduate student at U. of Cincinnati), 2004
- International Society for Heart Research Travel Award, North American Section, Cancun, Mexico., 2005
- International Society for Heart Research Travel Award, World Congress, Brisbane, Australia., 2005
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha., 2006
- International Society for Heart Research Travel Award, World Congress, Kyoto, Japan, 2010
- Selected EMRA Consulting Editor for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Best Resident Paper Award, American College of Emergency Physicians Research Forum, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2010
- EMRA Academic Excellence Award, 2011
- Washington University in St. Louis Division of Emergency Medicine Resident Research Award, 2009-2011
- Finalist for Best Resident Paper Award, American College of Emergency Physicians Research Forum, San Francisco, California, 2011
Peer-reviewed, original research manuscripts
- House SL, Melhorn SJ, Newman G, Doetschman T, Schultz Jel J. The protein kinase C pathway mediates cardioprotection induced by cardiac-specific overexpression of fibroblast growth factor-2. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2007;293(1):H354-65.
- House SL, House BE, Glascock B, Kimball T, Nusaayr E, Schultz JEJ, Doetschman T. Fibroblast growth factor 2 mediates isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy through activation of the extracellular regulated kinase. Mol Cell Pharmacol 2010;2(4):143-154.
- Manning JR, Carpenter G, Porter DR, House SL, Pietras DA, Doetschman T, and Schultz JE. Fibroblast growth factor-2-induced cardioprotection against myocardial infarction occurs via the interplay between nitric oxide, protein kinase signaling, and ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Growth Factors. 2012;30(2):124-39.
- Cilvik S, Wang J, Lavine K, Uchida K, Castro A, Gierasch C, Weinheimer C, House SL, Kovacs A, Nichols C, and Ornitz DM. Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1 signaling in adult cardiomyocytes increases contractility and results in a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Plos One. 2013;8(12):e82979.
- Lewis LM, Ferguson I, House SL, Aubuchon K, Schneider J, Johnson K, and Matsuda K. Albuterol administration is commonly associated with increases in serum lactate in patients with asthma treated for acute exacerbation of asthma. CHEST. 2014;145(1):53-59.
- Lewis LM, Ferguson I, House SL, Aubuchon K, Schneider J, Johnson K, and Matsuda K. Response. CHEST. 2014:145(6):1436.
- Schneider J, Lewis LM, Ferguson I, House SL, Liu J, Matsuda K, and Johnson K. Repeated dyspnea score and percent FEV1 are modest predictors of hospitalization/relapse in patients with acute asthma exacerbation. Respir Med 2014;108(9):1284-91.
- House SL, Wang J, Castro AM, Weinheimer C, Kovacs A, and Ornitz DM. Fibroblast Growth Factor 2 is an Essential Cardioprotective Factor in a Closed-Chest Model of Cardiac Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. Physiol Rep 2015;3(1):e12278.
- House SL, Matsuda K, Iwaki Y, Ferguson I, Lovato L, and Lewis LM. Efficacy of a New Intravenous β2-Adrenergic Agonist (Bedoradrine, MN-221) for patients with an Acute Exacerbation of Asthma. Respir Med 2015;109:1268-73.
- House SL, Castro AM, Lupu TS, Weinheimer C, Smith C, Kovacs A, and Ornitz DM. Endothelial Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor signaling is required for vascular remodeling following cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015 (submitted).