University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH Master of Science in Clinical and Translational Research
University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
Fellowship in Neurovascular Emergencies and Neurocritical Care Departments of Emergency Medicine/Neurology/Neurosurgery
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH Department of Emergency Medicine – Residency Program
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA Medical Doctor
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), Baltimore, MD Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
Board Certification in Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine, 2007-2027 Board Certification in Neurocritical Care, United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties, 2008-2028 Ohio State Medical License, September, 2004 Active
State of Kentucky Medical License, December, 2006 Active
Indiana State Medical License, July, 2012 Active
NIH Stroke Scale, February 2007
Modified Rankin Scale, September 2006
HONORS AND AWARDS
Invited Speaker, European Stroke Organisation, Vienna, Austria May 2020
Invited Participant, Stroke Treatment Academic Industry Roundtable (STAIR XI), Washington, DC March 2020
PRIIDE Award, UC Health, Cincinnati, OH November 2019
Invited Speaker, International Stroke Conference, Honolulu, HI January 2019
Excellent Investigator Award, CTSA Acute Care Research Council, University of Cincinnati, September 2018
Invited Speaker, First Utstein Meeting on Emergency Stroke Care, Stavanger, Norway June 2018 Invited Speaker, International Stroke Conference, Los Angeles, CA January 2018
Leadership Cincinnati, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce, Cincinnati, OH 2017
Inaugural Faculty Resident Mentorship Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 2017
Invited Speaker, World ICH Conference, Baltimore, MD March 2017
Healthcare Hero Finalist, Cincinnati Business Courier, Cincinnati, OH February 2017
Invited Speaker, International Symposium on Thrombolysis Thrombectomy and Acute Stroke Therapy, Heidelberg, Germany, 2014, Kobe, Japan 2016, and Houston, Texas USA 2018
Invited Speaker, Society of Academic Emergency Meeting Annual Meeting, 2015
Invited Speaker, International Stroke Conference, 2014, 2015
Top Doctor, Cincinnati Magazine 2012, 2014, 2020
Next Generation Biomedical Investigator, Center for Environmental Genetics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 2008-2010
Hero Award, University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 2008
Doctors’ Day Award, University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 2008
Lead Principal Investigator 1U01NS100699, September 2017-August 2022
Multiple PI, Multi-arm Optimization of Stroke Thrombolysis (MOST)
Phase 3 Clinical Trial. NIH/NINDS
Lead Principal Investigator U24NS100688, September 2017-August 2022
UC Hub, Strategies to Innovate Emergency Care Clinical Trials Network (SIREN)
Principal Investigator, September 2012-June 2018
The University of Cincinnati HUB U10 NS058982
Neurological Emergencies Treatment Trials (NETT) Network. NIH/NINDS
Co-Investigator P50 NS-044283 (PI–Joseph Broderick), May 2009–April 2014
Multiple-PI for Combination Approach To Lysis Utilizing Eptifibatide And rt-PA-Enhanced May 2009-April 2013
Regimen (CLEAR-ER) Stroke Trial under Specialized Programs of Translational
Research in Acute Stroke (SPOTRIAS)
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Madsen TE, Khoury JC, Leppert M, Alwell K, Moomaw CJ, Sucharew H, Woo D, Ferioli S, Martini S, Adeoye O, Khatri P, Flaherty M, De Los Rios La Rosa F, Mackey J, Mistry E, Demel SL, Coleman E, Jasne A, Slavin SJ, Walsh K, Star M, Broderick JP, Kissela BM, Kleindorfer DO.Temporal Trends in Stroke Incidence Over Time by Sex and Age in the GCNKSS. Stroke. 2020Apr;51(4):1070-1076.
- Miyares LC, Falcone GJ, Leasure A, Adeoye O, Shi FD, Kittner SJ, Langefeld C, Vagal A, Sheth
KN, Woo D. Race/ethnicity influences outcomes in young adults with supratentorial intracerebral
hemorrhage. Neurology. 2020 Mar 24;94(12):e1271-e1280.
- Powers WJ, Rabinstein AA, Ackerson T, Adeoye OM, Bambakidis NC, Becker K, Biller J, Brown M, Demaerschalk BM, Hoh B, Jauch EC, Kidwell CS, Leslie-Mazwi TM, Ovbiagele B, Scott PA,Sheth KN, Southerland AM, Summers DV, Tirschwell DL. Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke: 2019 Update to the 2018 Guidelines for the Early Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Guideline for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2019 Oct 30
- Li JL, McMullan JT, Sucharew H, Broderick JP, Katz B, Schmit P, Adeoye O. Potential Impact of C-STAT for Prehospital Stroke Triage up to 24 Hours on a Regional Stroke System. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2019 Oct 17:1-5.
- Kreitzer N, Bakas T, Kurowski B, Lindsell CJ, Ferioli S, Foreman B, Ngwenya LB, Thomas S,
Keegan S, Adeoye O. The Experience of Caregivers Following a Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Requiring ICU Admission. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2019 Aug 29.
- Fuller BM, Roberts BW, Mohr NM, Knight WA 4th, Adeoye O, Pappal RD, Marshall S, Alunday R, Dettmer M, Goyal M, Gibson C, Levine BJ, Gardner-Gray JM, Mosier J, Dargin J, Mackay F,
Johnson NJ, Lokhandwala S, Hough CL, Tonna JE, Tsolinas R, Lin F, Qasim ZA, Harvey CE,
Bassin B, Stephens RJ, Yan Y, Carpenter CR, Kollef MH, Avidan MS. The ED-SED Study: A
Multicenter, Prospective Cohort Study of Practice Patterns and Clinical Outcomes Associated With Emergency Department SEDation for Mechanically Ventilated Patients. Crit Care Med. 2019 Nov;47(11):1539-1548.
- Madsen TE, Khoury JC, Alwell K, Moomaw CJ, Rademacher E, Flaherty ML, Woo D, La Rosa
FLR, Mackey J, Martini S, Ferioli S, Adeoye O, Khatri P, Broderick JP, Kissela BM, Kleindorfer D. Temporal Trends of Sex Differences in Transient Ischemic Attack Incidence Within a Population. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2019 Jul 1.
- Walsh KB, Zhang X, Zhu X, Wohleb E, Woo D, Lu L, Adeoye O. Intracerebral Hemorrhage
Induces Inflammatory Gene Expression in Peripheral Blood: Global Transcriptional Profiling in Intracerebral Hemorrhage Patients. DNA Cell Biol. 2019 Jul;38(7):660-669.
- Adeoye O, Nyström KV, Yavagal DR, Luciano J, Nogueira RG, Zorowitz RD, Khalessi AA,
Bushnell C, Barsan WG, Panagos P, Alberts MJ, Tiner AC, Schwamm LH, Jauch EC.
Recommendations for the Establishment of Stroke Systems of Care: A 2019 Update. Stroke. 2019 Jul;50(7):e187-e210.
- Jasne AS, Sucharew H, Alwell K, Moomaw CJ, Flaherty ML, Adeoye O, Woo D, Mackey J,
Ferioli S, Martini S, de Los Rios la Rosa F, Kissela BM, Kleindorfer D. Stroke Center Certification Is Associated With Improved Guideline Concordance. Am J Med Qual. 2019 Mar 14:
- Kreitzer N, Rath K, Kurowski BG, Bakas T, Hart K, Lindsell CJ, Adeoye O. Rehabilitation
Practices in Patients With Moderate and Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2019 Feb 27.
- Walsh KB, Zhang X, Zhu X, Wohleb E, Woo D, Lu L, Adeoye O. Intracerebral hemorrhage
induces monocyte-related gene expression within six hours: Global transcriptional profiling in swine ICH. Metab Brain Dis. 2019 Jun;34(3):763-774.
- Madsen TE, Khoury JC, Munir A, Alwell K, Moomaw CJ, Flaherty M, Woo D, Mackey J, De Los
Rios La Rosa J, Martini S, Ferioli S, Adeoye O, Khatri P, Broderick JP, Kissela BM, Kleindorfer DO.Sex Differences in Severity of Stroke Risk Factors in the Greater Cincinnati/ Northern KentuckyStroke Study. Accepted for poster presentation, International Stroke Conference, 1/18.
- Khatri P, Jovin T, Noqueira R, Albers GW, Jadhav A, Moomaw C, Alwell K, Khoury J, Heldner M,Urs F, Adeoye O, Flaherty M, Woo D, Ferioli S, Mackey J, Martini S, De Los Rios La Rosa F,Broderick J, Vagal A, Kissela B, Kleindorfer D. Endovascular Therapy Eligibility in the Advent ofDAWN and DEFUSE-3 Results. Accepted for oral presentation, International Stroke Conference,1/18.
- Mistry EA, Sucharew H, Alwell K, Moomaw CJ, Flaherty M, Woo D, Adeoye O, De Lo Rios LaRosa F, Mackey J, Martini S, Ferioli S, Kissela BM, Kleindorfer DO. Prior Antiplatelet Use and Baseline Stroke Severity: A Population-Based Study. Accepted for poster presentation, International Stroke Conference, 1/18