Fellows train alongside some of the most highly regarded emergency response professionals
Our Fellowship Program accepted its first Fellow in 2006, and received full ACGME accreditation, in 2012. You will receive an education unmatched elsewhere in preparation for the complex world of physician medical oversight of any EMS system including ground ambulance, air ambulance, fire/rescue, law enforcement, and disaster management arenas. Fellows are trained by a premier academic institution in a state-of-the-art facility, with extensive hands-on field work and the opportunity to excel in broad areas of their interest.
- Are self-motivated.
- Thrive in an active, ever-changing environment.
- Understand collaborative interaction is paramount in the austere environment of the field. Are aware that field medicine can at times be dangerous.
- Can earn the respect of EMS colleagues in ancillary health professions.
- Aspire to be leaders in EMS Medicine.
Fellows train alongside some of the most highly regarded emergency response professionals in the region, including these and other partners:
- Fire Based EMS:
- Hospital Based EMS:
- Private EMS:
- Third Service EMS
- Tactical EMS:
- Mass Gathering/Event Medicine
- EMS Education:
Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming fellow year, see the How to Apply page for more information.
Follow us on twitter! @WUSTL_EMS
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/WashU_EMS