WashU CCM seeks inquisitive self-starters to join our fellowship
Critical Care Medicine | Fellowship | How to Apply
All applications for our EM/CCM curriculum (both ACCM and CCM tracts) are submitted through our program coordinator, Kendra Gregory.
As part of the ACCM match process, we participate in the San Francisco Match’s Central Application Service (where all documents are uploaded to a central repository). This process allows you to be considered for both ACCM and CCM tract slots. Please register with the San Francisco Match.
If you prefer to ONLY apply for a CCM training slot, please include a note in your introductory email that you only want to be considered for a Medicine CCM training slot. Our application process for the CCM tract requires a completed Application Form (Click here for form), 3 letters of recommendation, and personal statement.
If invited for an interview, we will request some supplemental information including:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of In-service training exam scores
- Copy of Step 1, 2, 3 scores
The planned completion of an ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Program is also expected.
(Corresponding entering PGY level of training)
We sponsor an approved ABA EM/CCM two-year multidisciplinary curriculum tract (Anesthesiology). Our program is approved for 10 ACGME ACCM slots annually.
We also have 3 annual ACGME CCM (Medicine) slots (fellow completes the same multidisciplinary two-year curriculum tract).
All of our EM/CCM Fellows (regardless of ACGME tract) complete basically the same two-year multidisciplinary critical care medicine fellowship training curriculum.
Please address application questions (and submit information as needed) to:
Kendra Gregory (email@example.com)
Program Coordinator Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
Washington University School of Medicine
Campus Box 8054
660 S. Euclid Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
Office: (314) 747-3581
Fax: (314) 747-1710
Interview time frame:
- We participate in the San Francisco Match program for the ACCM tract (all EM/CCM applicants are also included in the match). Please make sure you review the timeframe posted on the San Francisco Match website.
- Our CCM tract operates on a rolling timeframe and we do not participate in the Medicine match (with most applicants submitting their paperwork in the summer/late fall prior to their planned start academic cycle).
- Our interview process is ongoing with a rolling timeframe over the Fall/Winter/Spring months. For ease of scheduling, we do attempt to hold “interview days” and group applicants together (dates will be offered by Barb McKinney).
Special Application Instructions
For Mac + PC users:
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Professional: download and fill-out the application electronically. You can than save this application file and send it in electronically to the programs to whom you wish to apply.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader (free online here): download the application form, fill it out electronically. You can only print this completed document in Acrobat Reader, but after printing, you can scan the document, and import it to your computer as a pdf file, which can be then electronically submitted, or you can use regular mail.
For PC users only:
Foxit PDF reader,(free online here) will allow you to complete the application electronically and save a copy (Note: once saved you cannot edit the application). Please proceed to email your application to fellowship programs you are applying.