- B.S., Chemistry: University of Missouri – St. Louis, MO, 1977
- M.D., St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO, 1981
- Residency, Rockford Medical Education Foundation – Rockford, Illinois, 1984
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, University of Missouri – Columbia, MO, 2000
Licensure and Board Certification
- Family Medicine
- Clinical Informatics
Peer reviewed manuscripts
- Herting RL, Jr., Asaro PV, Roth AC, Barnes MR. Using External Data Sources to Improve Audit Trail Analysis. Proceedings of the American Medical Informatics Association Symposium 1999; 795-799.
- Asaro PV, Herting RL, Jr., Roth AC, Barnes MR. Effective Audit Trails – A Taxonomy for Determination of Information Requirements. Proceedings of the American Medical Informatics Association Symposium 1999; 663-665.
- Reis JE, Asaro PV, Guillen A, Ivanova J. The Futility of Common Firewall Policies: An Experimental Demonstration. Proceedings of the American Medical Informatics Association Symposium 2000; 699-703.
- Asaro PV, Hales JW, Land GH. Making public health data available to community level decision makers–goals, issues and a case report. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 2001; 7(5)58-63.
- Asaro PV. Synchronized Time-motion Study in the Emergency Department Using a Handheld Computer Application. MedInfo 2004;2004:701-5.
- Asaro PV, Sheldahl AL, Char DM. Embedded Guideline Information without Patient-Specificity in a Commercial Emergency Department Computerized Order-Entry System. Acad Emerg Med. 2006 Apr;13(4):452-8.
- Asaro PV, Sheldahl AL, Char DM. Physician Perspective on Computerized Order-sets with Embedded Guideline Information in a Commercial Emergency Department Information System. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2005;6-10.
- Banet GA, Jeffe J, Williams J, Asaro PV. Effects of Implementing Computerized Provider Order Entry and Nursing Documentation on Nursing Workflow in an Emergency Department. J Healthc Inf Manag. 2006 Spring;20(2):45-54.
- Asaro PV, LM Lewis, SB Boxerman. Emergency Department Overcrowding — Analysis of the Factors of Renege Rate. Acad Emerg Med. 2007; 14:157–162.
- Asaro PV, LM Lewis, SB Boxerman. The Impact of Input and Output Factors on Emergency Department Throughput. Acad Emerg Med. 2007; 14:235–242.
- Asaro PV, Lewis LM. Effects of a triage process conversion on the triage of high-risk presentations. Acad Emerg Med. 2008 Oct;15(10):916-22.
- Asaro PV, Boxerman SB. Effects of computerized provider order entry and nursing documentation on workflow. Acad Emerg Med. 2008 Oct;15(10):908-15.
- Sumner W, Asaro P. An electronic encounter logs failure to scale. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2008 Nov 6:707-11.
- Sumner W 2nd, Schootman M, Asaro P, Yan Y, Hagen MD. Using county-level public health data to prioritize medical education topics. J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2008 Dec 4;28(4):197-204
- Sumner W, Stwalley DL, Asaro PV, Hagen MD, Olsen MA. Adding flexible temporal constraints to identify chronic comorbid conditions in ambulatory claims data. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2014 Nov 14; 2014:1088-97.
- Theodoro D, Olsen MA, Warren DK, McMullen KM, Asaro P, Henderson A, Tozier M, Fraser V. Emergency Department Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) Incidence in the Era of Prevention Practices. Acad Emerg Med. 2015 Sep;22(9):1048-55.
- Patrick TB, Andrews JE, Asaro PV, Sable JH. Performance Measures of Information Transfer in Healthcare Organizations. Proceedings of the 1998 Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting, November 21-24, 1998, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Sumner W 2nd, Asaro P. H.I.T. or Miss: Lessons Learned from Health Information Technology Implementations. Editor: Jonathan Leviss, MD Publisher: AHIMA Press, 2009. (Book Chapter)