- B.S., University of North Dakota 1997
- M.D., University of Colorado 2001
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, 2001-2005
- Chief Residency, Emergency Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, 2004-2005
Licensure and Board Certification
- ABEM Emergency Medicine Written Boards
- ABEM Emergency Medicine Oral Boards
Honors and Awards
- Google Glass Explorer, 2013-Present
- Golden Apple Didactic Teaching Award, 2012-13
- Macy’s Foundation Finalist, 2013
- ACEP National Emergency Medicine Faculty Teaching Award, 2012
- Distinguished Fellow American College of Emergency Physicians Teaching Fellowship, 2009-2010
- Golden Stethoscope Clinical Teaching Award, 2007-2008
- Chief Resident, Washington University Emergency Medicine Residency, 2004-2005
Peer reviewed manuscripts
- Sampson C, Renz Nicholas R, Wagner J. An Inexpensive and Novel Model for Perimortem Cesarean Section. Simulation in Healthcare. Simul Healthc (2013);1:49-51
- Carpenter CR, Cooney TE, Wagner J, Sampson C, Renz N, Stickles S, Mirarchi F. An Assessment of Advanced Directives in Simulation Do Survey Responses Predict Bedside Actions?. Submitted for publication Jan (2013)
- Wagner J. Tech Tools-Innovative Devices for the ED. Emergency Medicine (2015); 47,6: 250-60
- Optimizing Lectures From a Cognitive Load Perspective. Jordan J, Wagner J, Manthey DE, Wolff M, Santen S, Cico S. J AEM Educ Train. 2020 Jul; 4(3)306-312. doi: 10.1002/aet2.10389. PMID: 32704604 [PubMed]
- Jang, TB and Wagner JW., Approach to the Difficult Airway, in Critical Care in Emergency Medicine 1st Ed, Farcy, Chiu, Flaxman, Marshall Editors. 9-19. (2012).
- Wagner, JW., Emergent Airway Management, in The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics 31st Ed. (2013).
- Wagner, JW., Emergent Management of Pneumothorax, in The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics 31st Ed. (2013).