- B.A., Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 2003-2007
- M.D., University of Illinois at Chicago – College of Medicine, 2007-2011
- Emergency Medicine Residency, Barnes Jewish Hospital/St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, 2011-2015
- Chief Residency, Emergency Medicine Residency, Barnes Jewish Hospital/St. Louis Children’s Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine, 2014-2015
- Medical Toxicology Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, 2015-2017
Licensure and Board Certification
- Permanent Medical License, Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts, 2014-Present
- Permanent Medical License, Illinois Division of Professional Regulation, 2020-Present
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine, 2016-Present
- Board Certified in Medical Toxicology, American Board of Emergency Medicine, 2018-Present
Honors and Awards
- Emergency Medicine Residency Toxicology Award 2014
- Emergency Medicine Residency Pediatrics Award 2015
- Emergency Medicine Golden Apple Teaching Award 2017
- Liss DB, Paden MS, Schwarz ES, Mullins ME. What is the clinical significance of 5-oxoproline (pyroglutamic acid) in high anion gap metabolic acidosis following paracetamol (acetaminophen) exposure? Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2013 Nov;51(9):817-27. doi: 10.3109/15563650.2013.844822. Epub 2013 Oct 11.
- Mullins ME, Liss DB, Schwarz ES. Comment: severe anaphylactic reaction following crotalidae polyvalent immune fab (ovine) administration for copperhead snakebite. Ann Pharmacother. 2015 Apr;49(4):496. doi: 10.1177/1060028015571964.
- Marks LR, Liang SY, Muthulingam D, Schwarz ES, Liss DB, Munigala S, Warren DK, Durkin MJ. Evaluation of partial oral antibiotic treatment for persons who inject drugs and are hospitalized with invasive infections. Clin Infect Dis. 2020 Apr 2. PMID: 32239136.
- Bradley ES, Liss D, Carreiro SP, Brush DE, Babu K. Potential uses of naltrexone in emergency department patients with opioid use disorder. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2019 Sep;57(9):753-759. PMID: 30831039
- Mullins ME, Liss DB, Fishburn SJ, Dribben WH, Schwarz ES. Comments on Chhabria et al. “Lipid emulsion for acute organophosphate insecticide poisoning”. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2019 Jan 22:1. PMID: 30666881