- B.S., Biology: Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 2004
- M.D., SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 2008
- Residency: University of Cincinnati 2012
- Critical Care Fellowship: Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO 2014
- Academic Medical Leadership Program
Licensure and Board Certification
- State of Missouri Division of Professional Registration, 2013-Present
- Diplomate, American Board of Emergency Medicine, 2013-Present
- Diplomate, Internal Medicine-Critical Care Medicine, 2014 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Virginia Tech- Wightman Scholar – 2003: Awarded by the Center for Adhesive and Sealant Science for superior undergraduate research Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, 2000-2004, Golden Key National Honor Society
- SUNY Upstate Medical University – Medical Alumni Foundation Merit Scholarship: 2005-2007, AOA: Junior inductee, 2007 (Chapter President 2007-2008), Dean’s Letters of Commendation: 2005-2007, Practice of Medicine Award – Excellence in clinical skills: 2005, American Society for Clinical Pathology Award for Academic Excellence and Achievement: 2006, Award for Excellence in Pathophysiology: 2006, Class rank: In the top 4 – 2005, 2006, 2007
- Golden Stethoscope Teaching Award, Emergency Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 2015-2016
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians, 2017
- Team Award for Quality Improvement – 2019
Peer Reviewed Manuscripts
- Palmer C, McMullan J, Knight W, Gunderman M, Hinckley W. Helicopter Scene Response for a STEMI Patient Transported Directly to the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory. Air Med J. 2011 Nov;30(6):289-92.
- Fuller BM, Ferguson IT, Mohr NM, Drewry AM, Palmer C, Wessman BT, Ablordeppey E, Keeperman J, Stephens RJ, Briscoe CC, Kolomiets AA, Hotchkiss RS, Kollef MH. Lung-protective ventilation initiated in the emergency department (LOV-ED): a quasi-experimental, before-after trial. Ann Emerg Med 2017; Sep; 70(3): 406-418.
- Fuller BM, Ferguson IT, Mohr NM, Drewry AM, Palmer C, Wessman BT, Ablordeppey E, Keeperman J, Stephens RJ, Briscoe CC, Kolomiets AA, Hotchkiss RS, Kollef MH. A quasi-experimental, before-after trial examining the impact of an emergency department mechanical ventilator protocol on clinical outcomes and lung-protective ventilation in acute respiratory distress syndrome. Crit Care Med 2017; Apr, 45(4): 645-652.
- Beyer A, Rees R, Wessman BT, Palmer C, Fuller BM. Blood product transfusion in emergency department patients: a case-control study of practice patterns and impact on outcome. Int J Emerg Med 2017; 10: 5
- Stephens, Robert; Ablordeppey, Enyo; Drewry, Anne; Palmer, Christopher; Wessman, Brian; Mohr, Nicholas; Roberts, Brian; Liang, Stephen; Kollef, Marin; Fuller, Brian. Analgosedation practices and the impact of sedation depth among patients requiring mechanical ventilation in the emergency department: a cohort study. Chest 2017; 152 (5): 963-971.
- Simkins, Michelle, Iqbal, Ayesha, Gronemeyer, Audrey, et al (#7) “Inter-rater Reliability and Impact of Disagreements on APACHE IV Mortality Predictions”. Critical Care Explorations; October 2019, Vol. 1: Issue 10; pe0059.
- Fuller BM, Ferguson IT, Palmer C Drewry AM, Wessman BT, Ablordeppey E, Mohr NM, Kollef MH. An ED ventilator protocol increases lung protection for patients at risk for complications. Crit Care Med 2016; 44, No. 12 (Suppl): 1013.
- Fuller, Brian; Ferguson, Ian; Palmer, Christopher; Drewry, Anne; Wessman, Brian; Ablordeppey, Enyo; Mohr, Nicholas; Kollef, Marin. Emergency Department Lung-Protective Ventilation Reduces Pulmonary Complications: The LOV-ED trial. Crit Care Med. 44(12):99. Dec 2016
- Fuller BM, Ferguson IT, Palmer C Drewry AM, Wessman BT, Ablordeppey E, Mohr NM, Kollef MH. Lung-protective ventilation in the emergency department reduces mortality in patients with ARDS. Crit Care Med 2016; 44, No. 12 (Suppl): 987.
- Fuller BM, Ferguson IT, Palmer C Drewry AM, Wessman BT, Ablordeppey E, Mohr NM, Kollef MH. The impact of an ED ventilator protocol on adherence to lung protective ventilation in ARDS. Crit Care Med 2016; 44, No. 12 (Suppl): 940.
- Juodenas, Michelle; Iqbal, Ayesha; Konzen, Lisa, Palmer, Christopher; Kerby, Paul, Buckman, Sara; Hoehner, Christine; Boyle, Walter. Interrater Reliability and Impact of Abstractor Disagreements on APACHE IV Predictions. Crit Care Medicine 2016; Vol. 44, No. 12, p 353 (Suppl): 1110
- Dieffenderfer, Brian; Zwir, Igor; Iqbal, Ayesha; Konzen, Lisa; Kerby, Paul; Buckman, Sara; Despotovic, Vladimir; Palmer, Christopher; White, Jason; King, C. Ryan; Hoehner, Christine; Boyle, Walter. Increased Risk Of Hospital Mortality Associated With Icu Readmission In Initially Low-Risk Patients
- Kerby, Paul; Dieffenderfer, Brian; Konzen, Lisa; White, Jason; Meyer, Shelley; Iqbal, Ayesha; Palmer, Christopher; Buckman, Sara; Despotovic, Vladimir; Hoehner, Christine; Boyle, Walter. Virtual Rounding Decreases Mortality in Targeted ICU Populations. Crit Care Medicine. 47(1): 148, Jan 2019
- Dieffenderfer B, Zwir I, Arnedo J, et al (#11). 104: Uncovering Dynamic States and Patient Evolution in the ICU to Predict Readmission. Crit Care Med. 48:35. Jan 2020.
- White J, Dieffenderfer B, Despotovic V, et al (#6). 116: Transitioning From Traditional To Predictive Alerting: Implementation Strategies. Crit Care Med: Vol. 48, Issue 1; p41. Jan 2020.
- Badawi O, Liu X, White J, et al (#9). 251: Development and Validation of a Vital Signs-Based Model Predicting Cardiopulmonary Interventions. Crit Care Med. Vol. 48. 108. Jan 2020.
- Palmer, C & Sanjay Subramanian. Cost benefit analysis of implementing telemedicine in the ICU. Telemedicine in the ICU. Chapter 11. 2019
- Palmer C, Self-Assessment in Adult Multiprofessional Critical Care, 8th Edition, 2016