- B.S., Chemistry: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1998
- M.D., University of Alabama School of Medicine 2003
- Residency: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 2007
Licensure and Board Certification
- Emergency Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Award for Excellence in Inorganic Chemistry, UNC Chapel Hill, 1997
- Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society, 1998
- First Place: Midwest Medical Wilderness Adventure Race, 2005
- Third Place: Midwest Medical Wilderness Adventure Race, 2006
- Golden Stethoscope – Excellence in Clinical Teaching, Washington University Division of Emergency Medicine, 2012-2013
Peer Reviewed Manuscripts
- Cohn BG, Keim SM, Yealy DM. Is Emergency Department Cardioversion of Recent-onset Atrial Fibrillation Safe and Effective? J Emerg Med. 2013 Jul;45(1):117-127.
- Cohn B. Does the absence of cardiac activity on ultrasonography predict failed resuscitation in cardiac arrest? Ann Emerg Med. 2013: Aug;62(2):180-181.
- Schwarz E, Cohn B. Is intravenous acetylcysteine more effective than oral administration for the prevention of hepatotoxicity in acetaminophen overdose? Ann Emerg Med. 2014: Jan;63(1):79-80.
- Cohn B. Does This Patient Have Acute Mesenteric Ischemia? Ann Emerg Med. 2014 Jan 30.
- Cohn B, Keim SM, Sanders AB. Can Anticoagulated Patients be Discharged Home Safely from the Emergency Department after Minor Head Injury? J Emerg Med. 2014: Mar;46(3):410-417.
- Cohn B. Can Procalcitonin Differentiate Sepsis From Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Without Infection? 2014: May;63(5): 631-632.
- Schwarz ES, Cohn BG. Is Dexamethasone as Effective as Prednisone or Prednisolone in the Management of Pediatric Asthma Exacerbations? Ann Emerg Med. 2014 Jun 18.
- Cohn B. Can Bedside Oculomotor (HINTS) Testing Differentiate Central From Peripheral Causes of Vertigo? Ann Emerg Med. Sep;64(3):265-268.
- Cohn B. Are Prophylactic Antibiotics Necessary for Anterior Nasal Packing in Epistaxis? Ann Emerg Med. 2015: Jan;65(1):109-111.