Brent E. Ruoff, MD
Chief, Division of Emergency Medicine; Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Phone: 314-362-9202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.S., Chemistry, Summa cum Laude, Graceland College, Lamoni, Iowa, 1977
- M.D., St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, 1981
- Residency, Department of Internal Medicine, St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri, 1981-1984
- Chief Medical Resident, Department of Internal Medicine, St. Louis County Hospital, 1984
Licensure and Board Certification
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1984
- American Board of Emergency Medicine, 1991; recertification 2001, 2011
- ATLS Certified
- Emergency Medicine Residency Golden Apple Award (Outstanding Lecturer), 2001
- Emergency Medicine Residency Golden Apple Award (Outstanding Lecturer), 2004
- Emergency Medicine Residency Golden Apple Award (Outstanding Lecturer), 2008
- Richard Brand Award for support of Physical Therapy, Washington University School of Medicine, 2013
- Distinguished Faculty Award – Distinguished Clinician, Washington University School of Medicine, 2014
Peer Reviewed Manuscripts
- Lewis, L, Ruoff, B, Rush C, Stothert J: Is emergency department resuscitation in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest victims who arrive pulseless worthwhile? Am J Emerg Med 1990; 8(2):118-120
- Lewis LM, Gomez CR, Ruoff BE, Gomez SM, Hall IS, Gasirowski B: Transcranial Doppler determination of cerebral perfusion in patients undergoing CPR: Methodology and Preliminary findings. Ann Emerg Med 1990; 19(10):1148-1151.
- Lewis LM, Docherty M, Ruoff BE, Fortney JP, Keltner RM, Jr., Britton P: Flexion-extension views in the evaluation of cervial-spine injuries. Ann Emerg Med 1991; 20(2):117-121.
- Gomez CR, Lewis LM, Gomez SM, Ruoff BE, Gasirowski B, Hall IS: Transcranial Doppler assessment of the cerebral hemodynamic effect of CPR in fatal cardiac arrest. J Neuroimaging 1992; 2:8-11.
- Lewis LM, Heston TF, Ruoff BE, et al: Evaluating acute hand injuries in the emergency department. Am J Emerg Med 1992; 10:110-114
- Lewis LM, Martin L, Hoffman T, Ruoff BE: Tissue and organ procurement in the emergency department setting. Am J Emerg Med 1993; 11(4):347-349.
- Lewis LM, Stothert JC Jr, Gomez CR, Ruoff BE, Hall IS, Chandel B, Standeven J: A noninvasive method for monitoring cerebral perfusion during cardiopulmonary resuscitation.J Critc Care 1994; 9(3):169-174.
- Lewis LM, Lasater LC, Ruoff BE: Failure of chest pain clinical policy to modify physician evaluation and management. Ann Emerg Med 1995; 25(1):9-14.
- Winter SF, Ruoff BE. The European Convention on Human Rights and Biomedicine – in the light of health policy and human genetics. Biomed Ethics 1997: 2(2):39-41.
- Micek ST, Roubiniain N, Heuring T, Bode M, Williams J, et al: Before-after study of a standardized hospital order set for the management of septic shock. Crit Care Med 2006; 34(11):2707-2713.
- Pearson, A, Ruoff BE: Prosthetic Valve Emergencies. Fourth Edition. In: Schwartz et al, eds., Principles and Practice of Emergency Medicine. Lea & Febiger, 1999.
- Ruoff, BE, West, OC: Radiology of the Cervical Spine. First Edition. In: Schwartz and Reisdorff, eds., Emergency Radiology. McGraw-Hill, Inc., 2000.
- Ruoff, BE, Katz, ED: Commonly Used Formulas and Calculations. Fourth Edition. In: Roberts and Hedges, eds., Clinical Procedures in Emergency Medicine. Saunders, 2004.