Robert Francis Poirier, JR., MD, MBA
Chief-Clinical Operations; Assistant Professor
- Phone: 314-362-7961
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.S., Georgetown University, Washington D.C., 1994
- M.D., American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. Clinical Training: Yale School of Medicine affiliated Griffin Hospital, 1997-99
- M.B.A., Olin Business School, Executive MBA Program, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 2014
- Chief Resident, Emergency Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine/ Barnes-Jewish Hospital/St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, 2002-2003
- Emergency Medicine Residency, Washington University School of Medicine/ Barnes-Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, 1999-2003
Licensure and Board Certification
- State of Missouri Licensed Physician and Surgeon
- Emergency Medicine
Honors and Awards
- C. William Emory Executive MBA Award- Olin/Wash U Business School, 2014
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business School Honor Society Inductee, 2014
- Golden Apple Teaching Award- Wash Univ. Emergency Med Residency Program, 2014
- Distinguished Community Service Award- Washington University School of Med, 2014
- Past President- Missouri College of Emergency Physicians, 2010-2012
- President- Missouri College of Emergency Physicians, 2008-2010
- Vice President- Missouri College of Emergency Physicians, 2006-2008
- Inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians (FACEP), 2006
- BJH Patient Safety and Quality STAR physician recipient, 2005
- Elected to position of national/ MO state ACEP councilor representative., 2004-Present
- Elected to Board of Directors- Missouri College of Emergency Physicians, 2003-Present
- Emergency Medicine Resident Clinical Teacher of the Year Award, 2003
- Chief Resident Emergency Medicine- Wash U/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, 2002-2003
- SAEM Clinical Pathology Case Competition Selected Participant, 2002
- Outstanding Medical Student Award-Yale University affiliated Griffin Hospital, 1997-1999
- Medical School Dean’s List Member, 1995-1999
- Top Student Leader Award- Georgetown University, 1993-1994
- National Merit Scholar, 1990-1994
- National Cum Laude Society Member, 1989-1990
Published Peer Review Manuscripts
- JL Wiler, E Bolandifar, RT Griffey, RF Poirier, T Olsen. An Emergency Department Patient Flow Model Based on Queueing Theory Principles. Acad Emerg Med 2013: 20(9): 939-946.
- Griffey RT, Poirier RF et al. “Hook-like Effect” Causes False-negative Point-of-care Urine Pregnancy Testing in Emergency Patients. Journal of Emerg Med 2013: 44(1): 155-160.
- Wiler JL, Poirier RF, et al. Emergency Severity Index Triage System Correlation with Emergency Department Evaluation and Management Billing Codes and Total Professional Charges. Acad Emerg Med 2011; 18(11): 1161-1166.
Invited publications (e.g. reviews, book chapters, etc.)
- Poirier RF., “Complications of Bariatric Surgery”, Adam’s Emergency Medicine Textbook, Elsevier 2nd edition (2013).
- Poirier RF., “Complications of Bariatric Surgery”, Adam’s Emergency Medicine Textbook, Elsevier 1st edition (2008).
- Poirier RF., “The Genitourinary System” Washington University Medical Student Guide for the Emergency Department. Division of Emergency Medicine. 2001