Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine
Assistant Residency Director and Director of Recruiting Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine
- Undergraduate: United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, 1976
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 1978
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., 1982
- Residency, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, D.C., 1985
Licensure and Board Certification
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor
Honors and Awards
- Graduated Johns Hopkins University with Honors
- Dean’s List, Johns Hopkins University
- Dean’s List, U.S. Naval Academy
- Superintendent’s List, U.S. Naval Academy
- Third Place Award, Student Paper Competition,
- Fifth Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, 1981
- American College of Emergency Physicians Recognition of Service Award, 1988
- Pastoral Care Award, St. Louis University Hospital, 1998
- AAMC Medical Education Research Certification (MERC), 2010
Papers published, in press, or accepted for publication in peer reviewed journals
- Hirst B, Stair T, Horowitz BZ, and Brooks C: Toxic Shock Syndrome from Staphylococcal Pharyngitis. ENT 1984; 63:494-497. (Case Report)
- Lewis LL, Lasater LC, and Brooks CB: Are Emergency Physicians Too Stingy With Analgesics? Southern Medical Journal 1994; 87:7-9.
- Larson MJ, Brooks CB, Leary WC, and Lewis LL: Can Urinary Nitrite Results be used to Guide Antimicrobial Choice for Urinary Tract Infection? Journal of Emergency Medicine 1997; 15:435-438.
- Schwarz ES, Mullins ME, Brooks CB: Ciguatera Poisoning Successfully Treated with Delayed Mannitol. Ann Emerg Med. 2008 Oct; 52(4): 476-7.
- Simon JR, Padela AI, Brooks CB: A Return to Virtue. Acad Emerg Med. 2009 Jan; 16(1): 63-66.
Book chapters, monographs, review articles, case reports, on-line articles.
- Brooks C, Ethics in Action. SAEM Newsletter 2010 Mar/Apr; 25(2):7
- Brooks C, Yes, We Do Give Frequent Flyer (S)Miles. Virtual Mentor 2009 Mar, 11(3): 257-261 (http://virtualmentor.ama-assn.org/2009/03/mnar1-0903.html)
- Brooks C, Enforcing Patient Copays. Virtual Mentor 2011 Aug, 13(8): 534-538. (http://virtualmentor.ama-assn.org/2011/08/ccas3-1108.html)