We offer a competitive salary that goes significantly over what would be based on the fellows PGY level of training. Fellows are required to work in the emergency department (or their equivalent field) for a limited number of hours each year but receive compensation in excess of their PGY level.
2 approved ACGME slots/year
Interview time frame:
We participate in the toxicology match which is completed in November. As such, we try to interview applicants in August, September, and October. Interviews for unfilled spots may be granted after the match.
- Attending the North American Clinical Congress of Toxicology (NACCT)
- Attending the American College of Medical Toxicology Annual Scientific Meeting
- CME money
- Exposure to medical toxicologists in non-clinical industries
- Offices at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and the Missouri Poison Center
- Opportunities to lecture locally, regionally, and nationally
- Opportunities to serve as a journal and abstract reviewer
- Free textbooks
If you are interested in applying, please send Dr. Evan Schwarz a copy of your CV, a personal statement, and 3 letters of recommendation. Your application does not need to be completed in order to apply and set up an interview date. You will also need to register through the NRMP as the toxicology match is through the NRMP.
Please send all applications or any questions to Dr. Evan Schwarz at firstname.lastname@example.org.