(Washington University Physician Referral Required)
Washington University Emergency Medicine: Post-Discharge Clinic is available by referral from a Washington University provider to adult patients who have been recently discharged from the hospital. Visits can occur in person or via telemedicine.
To schedule your patient- please call 314-747-3541.
Clinic Hours are Mon. – Fri., 9a-9p; Sat./Sun., 9am-5pm; Open holidays for virtual visits only.
When scheduling a consult please have the following information ready:
- Discharge Diagnosis
- Discharge Date and date of Surgery
- Chief Complaint or Provider Concern
- Contact information for provider/designee
- Is pre-discharge contact required? (include method of contact)
The Post Discharge Clinic is not for the follow purposes:
- Cast Removal
- Sepsis/ Symptoms of Systemic Infection
- Patients Requiring Hospital Admission
- Time Critical Diagnoses (i.e Chest pain, major trauma)
- Shortness of Breath
- Recent Tracheostomy
- Active Labor/ Pregnancy
- Uncontrollable Bleeding
- Severe Pain, need for parenteral opiates
- Chronic Pain
- Patient of Non-Washington University Surgeon
- Patients of Significant Complexity (possibly determined after discussion with EM Physician)
The Clinic is located in the Center for Advanced Medicine, Ste. 5A, 4921 Parkview Pl., St. Louis, MO 63110